Carrot Burfi or carrot fudge is a classic Indian dessert made with carrot and milk. This burfi is packed with all the goodness of carrots. Carrot burfi tastes absolutely divine. Everyone, young and old enjoys traditional homemade mithai (sweet).
Carrot burfi is perfect for all occasions. Carrot Burfi holds a special significance during Lohri, which is a harvest festival. The colour from carrot is really pleasant to eyes similar to Carrot Halwa which i post before. It tastes similar to coconut burfi and the method also the same as coconut burfi. You can try this simple burfi for this Diwali.
Carrot / Gajar Burfi :
Carrot – 1 cup (grated)
Coconut – 1 cup (grated)
Sugar – 2 cup
Cardamom – 1
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Cashews – 6
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat ghee, add coconut and carrot to it.
- Fry until the raw smell of carrot goes away and becomes fragrant.
- Keep a greased tray ready.
Add sugar and keep mixing. Once starts bubbling, keep the flame in medium always and keep stirring.
After sometime, the mixture will start leaving the pan and thickens. Also the ghee will start to ooze. Add powdered cardamom lastly.
- Pour in the greased tray. Let it become warm. Cut using a sharp knife and make squares.
- Garnish with nuts. Serve chill or warm.