When it comes to Chinese food one of the most popular and most loved dishes is veg Manchurian. Veg Manchurian consists of fried vegetable balls served in thick spicy gravy/sauce flavoured with ginger, garlic, soy sauce and chili. There are two variants of Manchurian one is with the sauce/gravy and the other one is the dry Manchurian, which is served mostly as a starter or appetizer.
Today we are going to share with you the recipe of the veg Manchurian gravy. This recipe is super easy to follow and the end result is finger licking good. Make sure you prepare Egg Fried Rice or Veg Fried Rice as well to have with it.
Veg Manchurian Recipe:
Onion – 1 finely chopped
Carrot – 2 chopped
Cabbage – 2 cup finely chopped
Ginger – 1 1/2 inches finely chopped
Garlic – 4 cloves finely chopped
Green chilly – 2 finely chopped
Corn starch – 4 tablespoon
All purpose flour – 1 tablespoon
Tomato Sauce – 2 teaspoon
Water – 1 cup
Spring onions – 1/2 bunch finely chopped
Red chilly powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Soy sauce – 2 teaspoon
- Mix onion, cabbage, cornflour, carrots, chilly powder, salt, cornstarch, maida, ginger, garlic and chopped spring onions together in a bowl (preferably with hand and no need to add water as the water from vegetables are enough to bind).
- Make small balls out of this mixture and deep fry in hot oil till golden brown.
- For the manchurian sauce, heat oil in a pan and add ginger, garlic and the white bottom portion of spring onions.
- Saute for a minute and add salt, chilly powder, tomato sauce and soy sauce. Add 1 cup of water to it and when it boils add the cornstarch paste.
- When the sauce starts to thicken add the Manchurian balls and immediately off the stove.
- Add the top green portion of the spring onions on top. Serve hot with Fried Rice.