Soft Mysore pak is a famous dessert from Mysore region of Karnataka. This Indian dessert is rich and delicious and is great way to satiate your sweet cravings. This mysore pak is not the authentic mysore pak which will be slightly hard but this is the soft mysore pak.
The dessert is made during festivals and is loved by everyone during occasional gatherings. This dessert is made from gram flour and tastes as delicious as it looks.
The recipe involves slow cooking of gram flour along with other ingredients such as sugar, ghee and milk. Ghee imparts aromatic flavor to this dessert. It is best made during the traditional Indian functions or weddings. So get ahead to make this easy sweet recipe.
Mysore Pak-Soft Mysore Pak Recipe-Diwali Special
Besan – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Ghee – 1 cup
Water – 1/4 cup
- Add a tsp of ghee in a nonstick pan, add besan flour and roast it till a nice aroma comes say for 3-4 mins.
- Then sieve it once such that there are no lumps found.
- Now in a bowl, add 3/4 cup ghee with roasted besan flour and mix well.
- The besan mixture will be slightly in pouring consistency. Set aside for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile grease a plate with little ghee and set aside.
- Now in a nonstick pan add sugar and water, in medium flame, bring it to a boil and check for one-string consistency.
- Now add the besan ghee mixture to the sugar syrup.
- Now add the remaining 1/4 cup ghee in intervals to avoid drying and mix well. Keep stirring continuously. Now keep the flame in low and keep mixing.
- At one stage, the mixture will not be stick to the pan anymore. At this stage switch off and pour it in the ghee greased plate. Dont need to flatten it, it will spread beautifully by itself.
- Cut it into squares/diamonds as per your wish while its hot and enjoy your mysore pak.
- Be very careful in checking the final consistency else your mysore pak will not be soft.