Spicy Prawn Masala:
Spicy prawn masala is an amazing coastal delicacy that delights any non-vegetarian seafood fan. The prawn curry is spicy, tangy and palate pleasing.
The tropical Indian signature food, prawn masala is made with stewing the prawns. You can make it at home as well by following some easy steps. Prawn is the main ingredient so you will need fresh prawns for it. Next you can make it just like any Indian spicy curry by blending it with herbs and spice mix in a pan and it will be ready in no time.
It is mostly relished with rice or roti. Here is our simple prawn masala recipe:
Ingredients for Spicy Prawn Masala:
Prawns – 1/2 kg
Onion – 2 (sliced)
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil – 2 tbsp
Tomato – 2 (sliced)
Chilli powder – 2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves – 1 handful
How to make Prawn Masala
Clean and wash the prawns. Drain water thoroughly and set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Add onions and fry until golden.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute or two.
- Add sliced tomatoes and cook until it is mashed. Add turmeric powder and salt , mix well.
- Now add the cleaned prawns.
- Stir fry until the prawns are curled. Add red chilly powder, coriander powder, garam masala and pepper powder. Mix well.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes in low medium flame. (no need to add water)
- Once the masala thickens, drizzle few drops of oil to the sides and fry for few more minutes. Finally add chopped coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
Delicious Prawn Masala is ready. Serve it with roti or rice.