Soya Chunks Manchurian:
Soya chunks manchurian a semi dry recipe! Soya chunks/ soya nuggets is a great source of protein and fibre which is very healthy food that can be added as a side dish to any menu.
Use soak or even boil the soya nuggets before deep frying. Soya nuggets is always recommended to wash it before using. Here I have deep fried the soy nuggets till crisp, but it can also be pan fried or shallow fried too.
Some of the manchurian based recipes are GOBI MANCHURIAN, VEG MANCHURIAN, IDLI MANCHURIAN, PANEER MANCHURIAN, POTATO MANCHURIAN You can serve them with other bread based recipes if you are bored of regular chapati or puri.
Off to making of Soy chunks manchurian recipe. This is a dry soya manchurian recipe.
For Soy Chunks:
Soya chunks – 200gm
Hot water, to soak
Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tsp
Corn flour – 3 tbsp
All-purpose flour – 2 tbs
Kashmiri red chilli powder – tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
Oil – 2 tsp
Garlic – 10 clove finely chopped
Onion – 1 finely chopped
Spring onions few chopped
Capsicum – 1 chopped
Chilli sauce – 1 tbsp
Vinegar – 1tbsp
Tomato sauce – 2 tbsp
Soy sauce – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
- First soak soy chunks in hot water, for 7 to 10 minutes.
- After soaking, squeeze out the water from soya and transfer to bowl.
- Further add 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste, 3 tbsp corn flour, 2 tbsp all purpose flour, 1 tsp chilli powder and salt to taste.
- Marinate for atleast 15 mins
- Further, deep dry or shallow fry in hot oil.
- Stir occasionally, and fry till soya turns crisp.
- Drain out the fried soya and keep aside.
- Now in a large pan, heat 2 tsp oil and saute garlic.
- Further add chopped onion and capsicum. saute well.
- Finally add chilli sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, tomato sauce and salt to taste. Mix everything well.
- Now add in fried soya chunks and mix well.
- Finally, garnish soya chunks manchurian with chopped spring onions.