Maladu is also known as Maa Ladoo or Roasted Gram Ladoo.
Maladu is a very popular and instant sweet which can be done in a few minutes. It is also one of the easiest sweet which can be made for any occasions. I have make slight changes by adding lot of nuts and raisins to give the maaladu some texture. It was very delicious with the raisins and cashew nuts. Today we will learn how to make maaladu.
Fried gram / Roasted bengal gram – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Ghee – 1/2 cup + 3 tbsp
Cashew – a handful
Raisins – a handful
Cardamom powder – 1tsp
- Semi roast fried gram in a dry pan.
- Allow to cool and grind to fine powder
- Powder the sugar separately.
- Roast cashew and raisins to golden using 2 tbsp ghee.
- Add powdered fried gram and sugar, cardamom powder to the frying pan.
- Keep the flame low and stir continuously.
- Melt the remaining ghee in another pan.
- Once the sugar powder combines, and rich aroma comes out, turn off the flame.
- Add warm ghee slowly, and combine well.
- Add ghee to the dough, till, you get the right consistency to make small ladoo balls.
- Apply oil in palms and make small ladoos.
- Yummy, delicious and healthy Maladu ready.