Carrot and Dates Cooker Cake :
Yes, you can definitely bake a cake in the pressure cooker but it’s not very good for your cooker and it may compromise its safety. Here is the recipe for a simple but extremely so tasty cake recipe baked in cooker.
Carrot and dates cake is a delicious moist cake. It is similar to that of plum cake version. It is a rich cake with carrots, dates and nuts. It is moist, flavorful and simple recipe.
Carrot and Dates Cooker Cake Recipe:
All purpose flour – 1 cup
Baking soda – 3/4 teaspoon
Salt – 1 pinch
Vegetable oil – 3/4 cup
Granulated Sugar – 3/4 cup
Egg – 2 numbers
Vanilla extract – 1/2 teaspoon
Grated carrot – 1 cup
Chopped dates – 1 cup
Chopped cashew nut / walnut – 1/2 cup
Granulated Sugar – 1/2 cup
Hot water – 1/4 cup
- Heat sugar in a dry pan over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Make the Caramel dark and on the bitter side. The bitterness of the Caramel compliments this cake really well.
- Add hot water to the caramel. It will bubble up and be careful. Switch off the flame as soon as the caramel dissolves. Keep aside till it is cooled thoroughly.
Prepare Cooker to Bake :
Prior to the preparation of cake batter, first set your pressure cooker.
- A clean, dry pressure cooker must be filled with sand or salt at the bottom up to 2-3 inches.
- Remove the gasket from the cooker top.
- Also whistle or regulator must be removed.
- Cooker should be heated on a high flame in order to maintain a temperature as in a preheated oven. So preheat it atleast 10 mins.
- In the meantime we will prepare cake batter.
Prepare Cake Batter:
- Sieve flour together with baking soda. Keep aside.
- Mix and beat well the powdered sugar and oil. Add eggs, vanilla extract, caramelized sugar and beat well.
- Add chopped dates, cashews and grated carrot.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Next transfer the batter to the dusted baking tin.
Cake Baking in Cooker:
- Place the baking tin inside the preheated cooker and cook on a low flame for around 40-45 minutes.
- Keep checking in between to prevent burning.
- To check if it’s done, take a toothpick and pierce it through the cake.
- If it comes out clean, then cake is ready.
- Remove from baking tin and let it cool another hour on a wired rack. Enjoy 🙂