Chilli Potato :
Potatoes – 3 cut into fingers
Cornflour/ corn starch – 3 tablespoon + 2 tablespoon
Salt to taste
White pepper powder – a pinch
Oil – 2 tbsps + to deep fry
Onions – 2 sliced
Capsicum – 1 diced
Garlic – 1/2 tablespoon (finely chopped)
Garlic paste – 1/2 tablespoon
Green chillies – 4 slitted
Soy sauce – 2 teaspoon
Red chilly sauce – 2 teaspoon
Vinegar – 1 teaspoon
Add potatoes in a bowl. Add corn flour, salt, and white pepper powder. Mix well and set aside for twenty minutes.
Heat two tablespoons oil in a non stick pan. Add onion and saute for two minutes or until pink. Add capsicum, garlic, garlic paste and saute for one minute.
Heat oil in a kadai. Deep fry the potatoes till crisp. Drain on an absorbent paper and add to the onion-garlic mixture.
Add green chillies, soy sauce, chilly sauce and mix well. Check the seasonings. Add vinegar and Corn starch dissolved in water and mix well.Serve hot.
Gobi Manchurian Recipe :
Cauliflower – 1 medium
Maida – 3/4 cup
Corn Flour – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Red chillies – 2 dried
Green chili – 1 Chopped
red chilly powder – 1/4 tsp
Garlic Paste – 11/2 tbsp
Ginger Paste – 11/2 tbsp
Spring Onions – 1 cup finely Chopped
Soya Sauce – 2 tbsp
Tomato sauce – 2-3 tbsp
capsicum – 1 cut into cubes
Oil for deep frying
Oil – 2 tbsp
- Cut the cauliflower in big florets and blanch it.
- Make a smooth batter of maida, corn flour, 1/4 tsp ginger, 1/4 tsp garlic paste, 1/4 tsp red chilly powder and salt using water.
- The batter should be neither too flowy nor too thick. It should be dripping consistency.
- In a frying pan heat oil for frying. Dip the gobi florets in the batter and deep fry till golden brown. Fry in small batches. Take put on paper napkin and keep aside.
- In another pan heat oil and add the left ginger & garlic paste, dried red chillies broken into halves and green chilies to it.
- Stir fry for a minute and then add salt and chopped capsicum cubes. A minute later add chopped spring onions.
- Now add soya sauce and tomato sauce to it. Mix well.
- Add fried gobi florets and gradually add the cornstarch paste. Toss well. Garnish it with finely chopped spring onions.
- Serve gobi manchurian hot.
When it comes to Chinese food one of the most popular and most loved dishes is veg Manchurian. Veg Manchurian consists of fried vegetable balls served in thick spicy gravy/sauce flavoured with ginger, garlic, soy sauce and chili. There are two variants of Manchurian one is with the sauce/gravy and the other one is the dry Manchurian, which is served mostly as a starter or appetizer.
Today we are going to share with you the recipe of the veg Manchurian gravy. This recipe is super easy to follow and the end result is finger licking good. Make sure you prepare Egg Fried Rice or Veg Fried Rice as well to have with it.
Veg Manchurian Recipe:
Onion – 1 finely chopped
Carrot – 2 chopped
Cabbage – 2 cup finely chopped
Ginger – 1 1/2 inches finely chopped
Garlic – 4 cloves finely chopped
Green chilly – 2 finely chopped
Corn starch – 4 tablespoon
All purpose flour – 1 tablespoon
Tomato Sauce – 2 teaspoon
Water – 1 cup
Spring onions – 1/2 bunch finely chopped
Red chilly powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Soy sauce – 2 teaspoon
- Mix onion, cabbage, cornflour, carrots, chilly powder, salt, cornstarch, maida, ginger, garlic and chopped spring onions together in a bowl (preferably with hand and no need to add water as the water from vegetables are enough to bind).
- Make small balls out of this mixture and deep fry in hot oil till golden brown.
- For the manchurian sauce, heat oil in a pan and add ginger, garlic and the white bottom portion of spring onions.
- Saute for a minute and add salt, chilly powder, tomato sauce and soy sauce. Add 1 cup of water to it and when it boils add the cornstarch paste.
- When the sauce starts to thicken add the Manchurian balls and immediately off the stove.
- Add the top green portion of the spring onions on top. Serve hot with Fried Rice.
Chicken Biriyani :
Basmati Rice – 2 cups
Chicken Pieces – 3/4 kg
Yogurt (curd) – 1 cup (beaten)
Onion – 3 sliced
Tomato chopped – 1 medium or 1/2 cup Tomato Puree
Red Chilly Powder – 2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Roasted cumin powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 2 tsp
Green Cardamom – 6
Star anise – 3
Cinnamon Stick – 3 inch
Bay leaf – 4
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Warm Milk – 1/2 cup
Saffron – a pinch
Salt to taste
Ghee / Oil – 7 tbsp
Grind to Paste:
Ginger Paste – 1 tsp
Garlic Paste – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 1/4 cup
Mint Leaves – 1/4 cup
Green Chillies – 3 -4
Green Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp
Mint Leaves (Pudina) – 2 tblsp
- First make a fine paste of all the ingredients under the Grind to paste using a tablespoon of water.
- Mix tomato puree, yogurt, green paste made earlier, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, roasted cumin powder, garam masala, coriander powder and salt. Stir well.
- Marinate the chicken with this mixture and keep aside for 3-4 hours in refrigerator.
- In a small bowl take the warm milk and soak the saffron in it and keep aside.
- Heat oil/ghee in a pan. Add the whole spices and saute for 30 secs then add sliced onion. Fry the onions until golden brown.
- Add the marinated chicken and cook for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Now add the beaten curd and chopped tomato and cook further till the oil separates.
- Check the salt at this stage and add the salt if needed.
- Now add the rice and mix well with soft hand as not to break the rice grains.
- Add 4 cups of water to the rice. Mix saffron in milk and add to it.
- Cover the lid and cook on low flame till the rice is done.
- Take it out on a rice platter.
- Garnish with green coriander and mint leaves and serve hot. This chicken biryani goes well with mixed vegetable raita.
Egg Biriyani :
Oil – 1 tbsp
Bay leaf – ½
Cinnamon – 1 thin piece
Cloves – 3
Cardamom pods -2
Tomato – 1 chopped
Yogurt – 2 tbsp
Basmati Rice – 1 cups
Biriyani Masala – 1 tbsp
Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
Saffron – ½ tsp dissolved in ½ cup warm milk
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Mint – 2 tbsp finely chopped (to garnish)
Onions – 2 small onions, ½ cup, sliced thinly
Cashew nuts – 6
Oil – to fry (3 – 4 tbsp)
For the Egg masala:
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Red chilly powder – 2 tsp
Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
Besan flour- 2 tbsp
Salt – 2 tsp
Boiled eggs – 4
For rice masala:
Cashew nuts – 6
White poppy seeds – ½ tbsp.
Cumin seeds – ½ tbsp
Fennel seeds – ½ tbsp.
Coconut – 2 tbsp
Garlic – 4 pods
Ginger – 1 inch
Green chilly – 4
Mint – ½ cup, chopped finely
Coriander leaves – ½ cup, chopped finely.
Wash and soak rice for at least 30 -40 minutes.
For Fried onions:
Heat a pan with oil, add the sliced onions and cook in medium heat till turn golden brown. Add cashews in the end and fry. Stir in the middle so that it does not stick to the bottom. Set aside.
For Egg masala:
Mix all the ingredients under “Egg masala” with little water and add the Eggs. Heat a pan with 1 tbsp of butter. Now add the marinated eggs and stir till the eggs gets golden brown.
- Grind the garlic, ginger, mint, coriander, cashews, coconut (optional), poppy seeds, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, chillies with two tbsp. of water into a smooth paste.
- Now take a big pan, add oil or ghee in medium heat, add the spices (cardamom, bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves), and then add the tomatoes and grounded paste and saute them till the tomatoes are little mushy.
- Now add the yogurt, chilly powder, biriyani powder and mix well.Keep the flame low.
- Now add the rice and salt and water. (Quantity of water to be added is for one cup of rice, it is 1.5 cups of water). Mix well and close the lid tight and keep it in medium heat for 10 minutes.
- After 10 mins add the marinated eggs, fried onions and chopped mint for garnish and keep it in low for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle the saffron and milk over the rice and Switch off, and keep it closed for another 5 minutes. They will help the eggs get the masala flavors from rice and vice versa.
Veg Ghee Rice :
Kaima Rice – 1 cup
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Carrot – 1 (finely diced)
Beans – 7 (chopped)
Green peas – 50gm (Blanched)
Capsicum – 1 (finely Chopped)
Salt – to taste
- Soak rice for 30 mins
- Then cook the rice till its coarsely done.
- Heat a tawa and add ghee to it.
- When the ghee starts melting add all veggies except capsicum and saute for 5 mins.
- Add salt and pepper powder to taste.
- Now add Capsicum and saute for 2 mins. Capsicum should remain crunchy as it tastes better.
- At last add cooked rice and mix well with veggies. If needed add some more ghee and keep the lid closed for 5 mins.
- Switch off the flame and add coriander leaves and toss the tawa.
- Simple and delicious veg ghee rice is now ready.
You can have this rice with Rhaita, Veg korma, Manchurian etc